Our Complaints Policy
- Our Aim
Remarkable Partnerships is committed to providing a quality service and working in an open and accountable way that builds trust and respect. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our clients and stakeholders, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible
- we welcome feedback and suggestions
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly.
Our aims are to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly
- keep matters low-key
- enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred
This policy ensures that we provide guidelines for dealing with complaints about our services and staff.
A complaint is defined as any expression of dissatisfaction, however, it is expressed. This would include complaints expressed face to face, via a phone call, in writing, via email or any other method. All staff should have sufficient knowledge to be able to identify an “expression of dissatisfaction” even when the word “complain” or “complaint” is not used.
The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the Complainant’s satisfaction.
Remarkable Partnerships responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- respond within a stated period of time;
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint; and
- take action where appropriate.
A Complainant’s responsibility is to:
- bring their complaint to Remarkable Partnership’s attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow Remarkable Partnerships a reasonable time to deal with the matter, and
- recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Remarkable Partnership’s control.
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Remarkable Partnerships maintain confidentiality. However the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own facts). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the Complainant.
- Complaints Procedure:
Written records must be made by Remarkable Partnerships at each stage of the procedure via the Complaints Log.
In the first instance, staff member(s) must establish the seriousness of the complaint. An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
If the complaint cannot be resolved informally, the complainant should be advised that a formal complaint may be made and the following procedure should be explained to them. It may sometimes be appropriate for a different member of staff, to make this explanation.
- A formal complaint should be made via email to email@example.com
- Remarkable Partnerships must acknowledge the complaint via return within one week of receiving it.
- Remarkable Partnerships will investigate the complaint. If relevant, any conclusions reached should be discussed with the staff member involved.
- The Complainant will receive a response based on the investigation within four weeks of the complaint being received. If this is not possible then a letter must be sent explaining why
- If the Complainant is not satisfied with the above decision, this should be brought to the attention of Remarkable Partnerships within 1 week of receipt of the response.
- A sub-group will examine the complaint and may wish to carry out further interviews, examine files / notes. They will respond within four weeks in writing. Their decision will be final.